Friday 27 May 2016

Lady Power!


Without going into much detail, I work as a waitress and the other night I had the worst, most disgusting, experience with sexual harassment I have ever had. It made me really think hard about how we deal with victims. "Why didn't you just tell him to fuck off and go away?" is a common question, and I was asked that myself, but the people who say that weren't there. I learned a lot about how you never know how you are going to react to a situation until you're in it, and past experiences don't dictate how you will react the next time (and the unfortunate reality that the likelihood that there will be a next time, and a time after that, is so high it's practically a guarantee).

I'm sending this video out to all you ladies out there who have had been treated shitty by a guy, whether he was a customer who felt he had the right to take liberties (also the animation is pretty epic). If you have regrets and mull over what you did and didn't do, remember whatever happened and how you reacted do not define you.

Regardless of what happened, you are a boss ass bitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment