Thursday 12 May 2016

Back from Vacation

Met this cutie on the Emerald Isle
Hello!

I can't remember if I mentioned it before I even left, but for the last two weeks I have been on vacation in Ireland! Sneaky me, I made sure to cue up enough posts so that it looked like I was still hard at work when really I was gorging myself on delicious dairy products. Honestly, Ireland's dairy game is out of this world... but more on that later in a post to come.

What I'm writing to say that I'm coming back from vacation with a new view on the world, and a little sharper focus on what I want to do. Travelling is fun and exciting, but the most valuable part of vacation, I find, is that you always appreciate home a little more when you get back. Maybe that's just me?

It might take me a day or two to get my head sorted and let the fog (haha, Ireland = fog, gettit?) lift so I can see my focus again, so some projects like the artists way might have a one week delay -- I am not abandoning them! I just need to sort out some things so I can tackle them head on with this new energy I have.

Re-reading this post, it sounds like I had a great awakening while away. In a way I did, because I gained some insights into what I want to do with my life, specifically that I don't think working overseas is an ideal fit for me. The trip, in a very subtle way, gave me more motivation to work on what I do want: I want to be successful in Toronto, as a teacher, a graphic designer, anything. It's nice to have answers about yourself. Funny how you are the only person who will fully understand yourself, but doing so is very difficult at times. How can you hide things from yourself? Who is inside to hide them from you?

With that creepy yet inspiring note, I will end this post. Off to edit buckets of travel photos and apply for jobs. Ho
ray for your responsibilities catching up with you after a trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment